10.25.2010

Confessions of a Little Black Gown



Author -  Elizabeth Boyle
Genre - Historical Romance ( early 1800's England) 

From the moment Thalia Langley first caught a glimpse of him in her brother-in-law's study, she knew.   He was the one.  And then he stepped forward and proved to be a bumbling vicar.   Somehow, despite his appearance, she knew from that moment that the rake she desired was hiding underneath. Tally has more intuition than I do apparently :)

With twists and turns, secrets, spies and intrigue this one will keep you on your toes and interested throughout it all.

In the interest of not ruining the book for you and giving away all the plot details, I'll just say that I thoroughly enjoyed Confessions of A Little Black Gown and am going to go in search of more great books by Elizabeth Boyle. [ Talk about a run-on sentence! sheesh!]  I do admit that towards the end, I became a bit irate with the author.  Side characters Lady Philippa "Pippin" & Dash are being torn apart and Pippin is given an unbearable choice.   I had to step away for a few minutes and rant to Daddy Chaos about how I just knew this darn author was going to make poor Pippin do something she shouldn't.  Immediately after finishing it up, I had to go online and discover if there was another book with more information on Pippin & Dash :)   Don't worry my friends, there is!  I'll be grabbing that next time I'm at the library! 


I'm trying a few different review options.. Let me know which you like better.. This one with not alot of detail just my own personal opinion.. or one with more details and less opinion?

Until then..


             Happy Reading!!



*Disclaimer : All opinions are 100% my own.  I was not paid or reimbursed in any way for this post!

0 comments:

Post a Comment