2.28.2013

Chasing the Witch by Jessica Gibson

Hi!  Welcome to our stop on Enchanted Book Promotions' tour of Chasing the Witch (book 2).  I was thrilled to get to do an interview with author Jessica Gibson, I loved reading Mark of the Witch (book 1) and couldn't wait to dig her brain a little!   Be sure to stick around for more about Chasing the Witch below! 





Interview Time : 


1. Let’s start out easy.. Tell us a little bit about your book. 

Chasing the Witch is the continuation if Jilly and Caroline’s story from Mark of the Witch. We learn more about Caroline and about William and his family.


2. What inspired you to write this story?
I couldn’t not write it, Jilly and Caroline were screaming at me to keep going after I finished book 1. They had such clear voices and ideas about where the story should go


3. Moving on to your writing career, how long have you been writing? Did you always dream to become an author? 
I have been writing for a little over a year. And no, I didn’t always aspire to write, it’s something that as I got older I thought about doing.


4. I’m always curious whether or not authors read the same types of books that they write.  So tell us, what book genres do you love to read? to write? 
I love anything Paranormal, and I’ve been digging  Contemporary Romance lately too. Oh, and Historical Fiction too, I’ve always loved that. So far I’ve only written Paranormal, but I do have a Contemporary Romance in the works for later this year.

5. What are you reading right now? 
 At the moment I’m reading Taste of Home magazine lol. When I’m writing I can’t read books, I can't concentrate on the storylines when I have my own running through my head.


6. Have any particular authors  inspired you to write? If so, can you name one and what you like about their style? 
Hmmm....That’s a toughy. I don’t really know that any author inspired me to write, but I do have a lot of Indie authors that I love. Lola James for one is amazing. She has such a fun and breezy way of writing her books that just gets you wrapped up in the story. I also really like Lk Rigel, she is a true wordsmith. I get lost in her books in the first chapter. She weaves the story and creates worlds.


7. Do you have any upcoming projects? 
Yes! I’m almost finished with my first YA book Haunted U that’s being put out by Hayson Publishing in the spring. I also am working on Blood and Sacrifice, book 2 in my Blood Ties series, and hope to have that out in April.

And now.. More about the book... 





Title: Chasing The Witch
Author: Jessica Gibson
Genre: Paranormal Romance

Blurb :
After the events of Mark of the Witch, Jilly at last begins to breathe easier though her powers are still growing. But can she harness them in time to confront a new chain of events that threatens to change everything?

Caroline has finally accepted her life as a witch, but when a stranger comes into her life she's forced to question her family loyalty.

The sisters are thrown together to protect a young girl from the enemy determined to hunt her down. Can they save her -- and themselves?

Be sure to check out my review of Book 1- Mark of Witch


 Author Bio:

Jessica Gibson is a recovering bookaholic, she's down from four books a week to a more reasonable one. It was that love of words and creativity that made her dream about writing her first book. That dream was hidden for years, always put on the back burner, filed away in the "someday" section, until her husband Matt gave her the kick in the pants she needed to actually get off her butt and write.
 

Jessica and Matt live in Southern California and have a serious addiction to reality tv shows like Pawn Stars and American Restoration. They have one son and hope to add to the family in the near future.
Aside from writing, she runs an online event planning business called the Release Day Diva. In addition to novels, Jessica writes and maintains the blog Book on the Bright Side. Keep up with Jessica and her latest releases and events on her blog.







0 comments:

Post a Comment